Friday 6 October 2017

That little thing in my purse



Courage, you are a curious thing, and rightly so
Some people want you as a pet, to follow them wherever they go
So you’ll be around when they truly need you
Attack or defend, play as they want you to
But if you are a pet, you have to be nurtured
Clothed, fed, loved and sheltered
And I cant invest myself that much on you
No walks in the dappled sunlight, no cozy rooms for you
I choose to keep you hidden in my purse
I know you’re in there, for better or for worse
I threw away my lipstick, I had to make space
When the heart is strong, need I care for my face
I like our relationship, you need no attention or care
When the time comes I look no further, I know you’re in there
And someday maybe I wont need you with me
I know I sound too optimistic, but you’ll see
No don’t worry, you’ll still be near
You’re not just a friend, but my knight in shining armour
And I shall pass you on with pride, this legacy
To that little girl who seems uneasy
Be in her purse and make sure she’s ready

And when she moves on, you’ll still go steady!

6 comments:

  1. Just speechless Sneha. It's amazing. I am so proud that I have a blogger friend (just a correction, my awesome blogger friend). Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written chechi..��

    ReplyDelete